About Me

Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear BFF!


My BFF enjoyed a double celebration! Not only did she graduate from grad school at Harvard, but it was also her birthday!! Because I lured her into all this Cricut madness -Lol!- I had to get her a cartridge... Damask! Of course, I had to buy one for myself as well, so I made a card using one of the cuts - the CUPCAKE! Yum! The background paper is K&Company, and the cupcake is cut from Colorbok - Flea Market. I used ribbon that I purchased from on etsy by MemrieMare, and secured it with a rhinestone brad. Notice the stitching around the card? Once again, I pulled out my Janome Sew Mini & whirled around the card...after I inked the edges with Ranger's Distress ink in Antique Linen. As you see I threw in a doily, stamped on a sentiment by WaltzingMouseStamps, and further embellished with pearls, more brads, and Stickles. Here's a little secret...the pearls next to the brad on the ribbon are acutally on a straight pin that I secured in the ribbon with tacky glue. I just love this card & I love my BFF! ♥

1 comment:

  1. And your BFF loves you, too! Thanks for the beautiful cards and the Damask cartridge!! XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete