About Me

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mother's Day Rewind


It became a real project for me to create this Mother's Day card. This was my very first card sewing experience (as you can see all around the edges) and attempt to give a vintage look. I cut an image from Elegant Edges and added flowers, ribbon, a button, and pearls. I used an oversized sentiment "adore" and tore around the edges before inking with Ranger's Distress ink in antique linen. The tiny sentiment "Mom" comes from Papertrey ink.


Here's a second Mother's Day card. This was one of my first attempts sewing lace on a card. I'm hooked now! The only cut I used was the center piece from elegant edges. All other supplies are miscellaneous scraps. I used a corsage pin and adhered additional beads to stick into the ribbon. The sentiment stamp comes from Papertreyink.


Finally, I made this third Mother's Day Card. Again, I used cuts from Elegant edges and simply embellished. This sentiment was printed onto the cardstock using a typewriter font.

No comments:

Post a Comment